Usually I’m not a big fan of quiche, especially if it contains leek, broccoli or green onions. It’s weird because I try to like it, but I just can’t stand the taste… However I really like plain quiches with ham and cheese, or in this case only cheese. It’s perfect as a side dish but I enjoy eating it with a green salad and a splash of mustard vinaigrette or just a bunch of fresh oregano on top.
- 150 grams of cold butter
- 3 dl wheat flour
- 1/2 dl water
- 300 grams of grated cheese
- 3 eggs
- 1 dl milk
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200°C
- Mix butter, flour and water until a smooth dough.
- Roll the dough out to a circle, and place it in a pie pan. Push the edges with a fork.
- Add in the grated cheese to the pie.
- Whisk together the eggs, milk, salt and pepper. Pour into the pie.
- Bake in the lower part of the oven for about 20 minutes, or until the pie crust is golden and the edges are crisp.