The benefit of making dinner at home is that I can decide what to eat. If we’re having something, well, lets say; not my favourite dish, I can easily say: Hey mom, I can make dinner today! Of course she won’t say no thanks to that. I really wanted to eat fish today, so I took a quick look in our fridge and the choice was simple: Salmon wrap. Though tortilla isn’t really something you “have on hand” and it is Sunday (the grocery stores in Norway are closed on Sundays), so I decided to make my own. It’s not really that difficult, the only tricky part is to roll the dough thin enough.
This healthy and delicious wrap contains grilled salmon bites, sour cream, homemade guacamole, cucumber, lettuce, sweet chilli sauce and toasted almonds. How is it possible to resist this….?
This recipe is enough for 4 people, two wraps for each.
– Almost 2 cups flour (I used 50/50 wheat flour and whole wheat flour, but decide yourself how much you want of each. However, I would not recommend to only use the whole wheat flour, since you need the gluten to develope.)
– 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
– 1 teaspoon salt
– 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
– 3/4 cup of hot water
Mix all ingrediens together and work the dough for a couple of minutes, developing the gluten. Let it rest for 20 minutes so the gluten can relax. Divide the dough into 8 pieces and roll them as thin as possible. Fry them in a dry frying pan at medium heat for approximately 2 minutes on each side.
– 2 avocados
– 2 cloves of garlic
– 1 tomato
– Lime juice from 1/2 lime
– Salt and pepper
Chop up the tomato into small pieces. Mix the rest together and have a taste. Does it need more lime juice? Is it spicy enough?
– 650 grams of salmon
– Spices of your taste (I used a mix of sesame seeds and chilli)
– Cut the salmon into small pices and fry them. I grilled mine, but it will taste amazing in a pan as well!
– Sour cream
– Sweet Chilli sauce
– Cucumber, chopped
– Toasted almonds
– Fresh lettuce
– Salt and pepper